VCAAA’s Mission Statement
The responsibility of the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging is to serve Ventura County's 60+ population including those with different social and cultural needs; to foster and support self-determination and independence among the older population; and to provide leadership in the development of a community-based system of care. This mission is accomplished through a network of education, advocacy, problem solving, program planning, and funding.
Our website includes information on senior citizens living in Ventura County. Here you will find information for employment opportunities, health services, housing, in-home services, nutrition, senior centers and transportation.
The Older Americans Act requires that a local agency carry out a wide range of functions designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordinated community-based systems in, or serving, each community. These systems:
- Are a visible focal point for anyone addressing age-related issues
- Provide a range of options unrelated to income
- Require collaborative decision making among public and private organizations and older people in the community
- Offer special help or targeted resources for the most vulnerable older persons
- Have a unique character tailored to the specific nature of the community
646 County Square Drive, Ste 100
Ventura, CA 93003
(800) 510-2020 (within Ventura County)
Ventura County Federal Tax Id # 956000944